Welcome to the unofficial blog of MBA residency trips

You may want to take your time and not read it all in one sitting, my head is hurting just thinking about that...


CLICK HERE FOR THE MAIN PAGE AND MORE STORIES!


Tuesday, May 25th: Absinthe Minded

The drama from earlier in the day subsided it and it was about time to "get it started in here." I went to the liquor store and looked at all the different varieties of Absinthe, wondering which one was the real thing. I spent the remainder of my budget and headed back to the hotel to start taking shots.

Our destination for the evening was the "biggest club in all of Europe" or some other insanely false billing from the tour guide. We went in and there were like 20 people there, and it was midnight. 5 floors of empty, should be the new name. As we walked in the door we all made a pact to make sure we didn't leave a man behind...

The club was pretty boring for a while, and the DJ was awful. Men In Black? Really? At a dance club?

So eventually crowds start to show and our group of 10 is dancing and having a good time. That is when we decide to start taking shots of absinthe. The bartenders do a whole act with the stuff as they light it on fire, throw brown sugar on it to caramelize it and make it go up in sparks, then after you drink it you suck air from a straw or something bizarre.



Sadly, I did not see any green fairies, but I did go crazy on the dance floor. Everyone was going nuts, dancing on stage, and some people even got ovations from the crowd for their dance moves. It was a hell of a time!
I never wanted the night to end but as I saw one of my classmates on the floor, I realized that it was about to end fast. Plan "Never Leave A Man Behind" was in effect, and we dragged the girl out to a taxi on the street as she fell several times.

Back at the hotel we dragged her inside where she refused to go to her room. Instead she was on a mission to find more absinthe. She was going nuts and was like an uncaged animal and there was only one way to stop her. I tackled her on a bed and laid on top of her legs so she couldn't get up, a technique a doctor once told my mother to use on me as a child. Just lay on them til they shut up and calm down.

Things were working out well, and I was napping on her legs when the other classmates came in and dragged me off of her. Big mistake. She made a run for it. We didn't know where she was going, and neither did she, she just wanted to escape.

As all this was going on, she left her passport on the street, lost her phone, took out all her money and things were everywhere. Eventually we confiscated all the important things from her so she couldn't lose them, but we couldn't calm her down.

At this point she was getting pretty mean. Telling everyone in the group that she hated them and the reasons. She then saw the guy she sat next to on the plane. He said "Hi my name is ..." and she interrupted and said "You are a f**king ass hole!" Nicely done!

In order to calm down I suggested that the girl put on a makeup clinic, using me as the dummy. That worked very well, and she was calming down, and I looked pretty damn hot. It calmed her enough to where she laid on bed, someone gave her a massage, and it was almost lights out. Then out of nowhere she yelled "I HATE (my name)!" Crap! She busted out of bed and headed back for the streets...

This continued all night into morning, and the three people watching her got 0 sleep. That was the end of Prague, and with no sleep I boarded the bus to Germany...

No comments:

Post a Comment