Welcome to the unofficial blog of MBA residency trips

You may want to take your time and not read it all in one sitting, my head is hurting just thinking about that...


CLICK HERE FOR THE MAIN PAGE AND MORE STORIES!


Saturday, May 22nd: The Flight

The first beers of the trip...

As the plane took off from Dulles, the chaperone of the trip informed us that following the yearly tradition, two students had missed the flight. Meanwhile somewhere on 495 those unfortunate students watched the sky above as the plane flew overhead. Their chance for the journey of a lifetime had come to an end…or had it! (Foreshadowing).

Being a shy person, when I arrived at my seat on the plane I never introduced myself or talked to the people next to me. Instead I sat in silence while one liners that were sure to be classic died in the silence of my head. As the plane drove on the runway for what seemed like an eternity I struggled to keep in gems like “what are we driving to Germany”.

And when the video showed the computer animated dad securing his mask very slowly, then pausing for 10 seconds, then deciding to help his most likely already deceased daughter, I could not believe that nobody else was laughing. (See the 1:50 mark) As you see the mask comes down and the dad secures his. He then realizes "Oh shit my daughter" then puts the mask on her slowly. Sorry dad, she is already dead.




The flight attendants were very friendly, and although I’m pretty sure the one woman was crying the entire flight, they offered great service and a smile. And the fact that I had a beer in my hand within one hour of flying, I was pretty happy. After a few Warsteiners I was feelin it (like blink 182) and was starting to get exited for the trip ahead. I brushed up on my German, learning key phrases like “Would you like to go for a walk with me”, “May I buy you a drink”, and “not so much teeth”.

Luftanza offered some of the finest new release movies, with genres such as romantic comedy, romantic comedy, and even romantic comedy! After reviewing and watching 20 minutes of each of these available films I was beginning to think to myself “It’s complicated”. (I’ll take that joke back to the lab and work on it)

As an anonymous student sipped on his 10th Baileys, the flight was headed towards the descent and we were all about to experience the joys of Germany. And by joys of Germany I mean waiting in an airport for 3 hours. My classmates were very tired at this point and jokes like “you know who has a lot of patience?...Doctors” were not amusing them.

On the second flight we were given a light lunch, which was a sandwich with Rick Moranis style sunflower seeds. (anyone?) Crickets? Anyways, upon arrival in Prague, we realized that we were going to be in for some good fun…

No comments:

Post a Comment